Preservation Environment Monitor Project
Alternate Contact Name
Alternate Contact Phone Number
Alternate Contact Email
I agree to the following:
1. To commit to a brief orientation/overview of what the PEM does and does not do by viewing the 5 video tutorials on the RIT IPI site: https://www.eclimatenotebook.com/resources_nl.php
(about 30 minutes total).
2. To pay the full rental fee of $100.00 for 12 months of environmental monitoring using a PEM datalogger. See the following page for what is included in this rental fee.
3. To pay the full repair or replacement costs for any loss or damage to a PEM ($350.00), while on loan to my organization
4. To allow a WNYLRC representative to visit my institution to deliver the PEM, to take PEM readings, and to remove the PEM at the end of the 12 month period.
5. That there is no existing visible damage to the PEM I received.
6. WNYLRC owns all data collected by the PEM and all reports created as a result of this project.
-- I agree to let WNYLRC use the data gathered by the PEM for future preservation purposes (reports, research, publications, etc.). My institution’s data will be used anonymously unless I check this box to allow my institution’s name to be shared along with the data: □
7. I agree that any reports and/or recommendations provided by WNYLRC will be provided by WNYLRC staff and not by professional preservation experts, and that WNYLRC will not be liable for outcomes of decisions made by my institution as a result of the reports and/or recommendations.
At the end of the 12 month loan period, my institution is entitled to the following:
Within 60 days of the removal of the PEM from my institution, WNYLRC will provide my institution with a complete report (printed) of all data collected by the PEM, as calculated by the eClimate Notebook software. The report will also include a brief analysis of the environmental conditions in my institution, and/or recommendations for improving the condition of my institution’s collections based on the data reported.
1. Please briefly describe where the PEM(s) being requested will be placed and what it is hoped to be gained from taking this step (your goals for the monitoring space):
Must be between
2. Please briefly describe the nature of the collections in the area where the PEM(s) will be placed. Make sure you include identifying the physical format types (papers, books/bindings, photos/types, maps, etc.), the current condition, research value of the materials, current state of organization (processed, unprocessed, mixed):
Do Not Fill This Out